Will You Be My Friend? brings together over 100 of Gabriel Fitzmaurice’s best-loved poems chosen from his thirteen collections for children together with nearly thirty new poems. Enjoyed by both the young and the young at heart, the poems range from the silly to the serious, from the sad to the happy, from the naughty to the nice. Childhood, family, school, animals, the seasons and festivals of the year are all seen through the eyes of a child.
Will You Be My Friend?
9 in stock
- “guaranteed to delight pupils and teachers alike . . . the poems are sprinkled with wit and wisdom” —InTouch
- “A hugely entertaining collection from acclaimed Kerry poet Gabriel Fitzmaurice that gathers his most vibrant poems into one volume and triumphantly concludes with 26 new poems. Here is a poet who has enormous fun with words and is unflinching in his use of topics that will have children - and parents! - laughing right out loud. . . . A feel-good read, highly recommended.” — Enda Wyley
- “His poems cover all kinds of subjects from school to siblings, and the best, like 'Poems for Lonely', are thoughtful and poignant; but be warned, toilet humour does feature strongly.” —Sarah Webb, Independent
- “Some of the poems are sorrowful, while others are uplifting, but they can be enjoyed by everyone.” —Adam Shaw, Irish World
- “Gabriel's children's verse is absolutely masterful, by turns hilarious, poignant, and always a joy to read aloud.” —Donal Nolan, Kerryman