This book is available as an ebook through all major ebook retailers. Here’s a link to it in the Kindle Store.
The Goose Tree
- “Moyra Donaldson’s poetry has grown to ignite unexpected perceptions and magnify them. Betrayals, personal and political; excavations, historical and psychic; correspondences of temperament and object; innocences pristine and varied and very much in power. The Goose Tree shows a poet treading on her own footprints; the considerable themes of her career advanced in perspective and colour and with the happy skills of a poet both accomplished and mature but alert still to surprise, both in form and substance: like her ‘village women who waited/In their beds for the sound of wings’. A joyous collection.” ––Damian Smyth
- "In The Goose Tree, we find a poet stripping away the forestry of imagination to display an open, honest stocktaking of a life that yet still believes in magic 'running its course, ordinary through the marrow of your life'.” ––culturenorthernireland.org
- “Moyra Donaldson has assimilated the powerful influences of Yeats, Hewitt, Hughes, Longley and Heaney, together with Plath and Liz Lochhead, to present a hard-won distinctive self.” ––Medbh McGuckian
- “The Goose Tree is a gem of a book, lit with beautiful writing and the sure authority of a writer's writer. The Donaldson reader is in for a treat, be they a new reader or a fan already.” ––Christine Murray
- “The Goose Tree, by Moyra Donaldson, combines the recollection of life experiences with a celebration of nature, both infused with a wonderful sense of Heaneyesque seeing things.” ––Poetry Salzburg Review