With a foreword from U2’s Larry Mullen Jr, Buried Treasure uncovers music albums from the people who know music best. Musicians, actors, and producers all contribute their favourite albums to create an eclectic collection of all genres and decades of music.
Buried Treasure explores the overlooked, forgotten and uncrowned classic albums that have come to be favourites of contemporary pop culture icons. This book celebrates the unveiling of that dusty old record; it ventures into the farther reaches of your iTunes library, and explores the nostalgic love held for an album that may have never have hit the top of the charts, but that was closely coveted.
It features an array of reviews, stories and recommendations from Dan Hegarty and individuals such as Cillian Murphy, Imelda May, and Aidan Gillen. In the words of author Dan Hegarty, “this book is about rediscovering, introducing and celebrating.” Read it and see what new music, new or old, awaits to be discovered!
Out of stock
- If you never had a cooler older sibling to help influence your musical tastes, then this is the book for you. And if you do, then this is the book for you to give them.'—Olaf Tyaransen, Hot Press
- Uncovering lost gems, and introducing future classics - one of the best books we've come across in years.'— Aileen Galvin, Tower Records
- ...an invaluable reference point. This would be a welcome addition to the bookshelf of anyone who takes their music seriously.' — Colm O'Regan, Hot Press
- Nicely written and visually lavish. Perfect for dipping into.' — Jonathan O'Brien, Sunday Business Post
- A great collection....Dan is one of the most important champions of music in the country." Irish Examiner